Saturday, September 11, 2010

Our Week

Hello everyone,

It is has been a week since I last posted and it has been a busy week. We had a fairly good school week. I had one rough morning with my students. They did not want to do anything for me they wouldn't talk, answer any of my questions, or read from their books. I tried talking to them about why they weren't doing any work. The one student answered "I don't want to". So I told them if you are going to waste time in class, then you are going to lose your phys. ed. Unfortunately, I did have to take away their phys. ed. period, but they worked better in the afternoon while they were missing their phys. ed. period. I think they are still testing me a little bit to see what they can get away with.

Greg's week was good I can't say that he had any complaints. He was really excited to watch the first NFL game on Thursday night and is looking forward to tomorrows game also (he does not know who plays though). Out of the three of us I think Amanda had the toughest week. I hope that for her sake it gets better for her.

On Friday's the Native Language teacher takes one grade out and away from school to do some kind of Native activity. Each grade (4-9) takes turns on Friday afternoons going to participate. Yesterday the grade 9's went and because I teach them in the afternoon I went with them to chaperone. We were supposed to go to the rapids and go fishing but because it was raining (by the way when it rains here it pours, and it pours ALL DAY). So we stayed back and learned to make bead jewlery. The technique we learned was called bead looming. It was so much fun. The whole bracelet I was making is made from beads. Anyone who knows me, knows I love arts and crafts so clearly I was totally enjoying myself in this class. I also think it was good for me to sit with the students and be a "student" myself. It showed them that I still am learning too.

Today Greg and I are heading back to the school to plan a good chunk of our week. Hope all is well at home.

3 comments:

  1. :) Glad you got something creative in for yourself after the first week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that's exactly what one of the girls wanted. Now you can make it yourself instead of having to buy something. Hope you still get to do the fly fishing another day. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yah mom/dad I could make it. It is so much fun and I love doing it. I just would need to buy the materials.

    ReplyDelete