Friday, September 3, 2010

Moose and Bannock

Here are a few more pictures from our adventures.

This is a picture of Greg and I on our first day of school. There was no one here to take a picture of us so that is why it is a worms eye view photo.

Tonight we had some of our co-workers over, and they brought some food for us to try. Actually there was a memorial today and it was left overs. Here, Amanda and I are about to try Bannock. It is really good. This bannock was baked and it was much like a biscuit. Bannock is also often fried. When my jam gets here (thanks mom and grandma) I will really enjoy bannock with jam.

Greg and Amanda are trying moose meat. I was to nervous to try it, maybe next time. They said it was really good and tested very similar to beef. I am such a pansy.

The moose had to be salted first.
Tomorrow we are going out for another adventure. We are being shown more of the area so I am sure I will have more pictures and stories.

3 comments:

  1. I remember learning how to make bannock over a fire at Camp Crossroads. I bet yours tasted better than that! ~JT

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really good!!!!!! When we heard about it here I mentioned to Greg that I thought they made it at Camp Crossroads, but he couldn't remember. Thanks for clearing that up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bannock is definitely a camp thing. We were around a fire at Mishewah this year and one of the Shantz girls made it. Yum!!!
    As for the moose meat Claire - go for it. It's all part of the adventure. (Easily said - coming from a vegetarian eh!) Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete