Monday, August 23, 2010

It's Official

It's officially I finally had my first little freak out. I have felt pretty good about this adventure and about how my packing has went I have felt like had packed everything I needed in the bags we were taking, and then this evening as I was walking through my house I started freaking out. I kept finding things I hadn't packed yet and that I would need. I have no clue where my blow dryer is going and our pillows. However, as quickly as I started freaking out, Greg and my grandparents sprang into action. Greg, quickly told me not to worry (as he always does and he is 90% of the time right). Grandma said that she will mail me anything I find out that I will need. And Grandpa simply kissed me and told me he loves me. These were al things I needed to hear, that and they all told me to take the rest of the night off. Which I have done, and Greg and I have enjoyed some episodes of Criminal Minds. Just the thing I need, scary episodes where an ax murderer is coming out of the dark woods to kill someone, right before I move up into the great white north. LOL. No I will be fine as long as Greg is there.

I am ready for this adventure that God has set before me. However I am not ready for all the goodbyes. I have told Greg that I am sick of crying. Anyone who knows me knows that I cry at everything (not one of my best qualities lol). I know that this move is not permanent and that we will be back and see everyone again. But it is the things that I am going to miss not being here that set me off. Hangout with my sisters, going for dinner at Meaghan and Gregs, not to mention the births of three good friends babies (I will be back before they are a month old, and thank goodness for email and facebook for pictures).

Our last full day at home is tomorrow and it is already so busy. We have appointments, a few phone calls, a couple of errands and a visit to Eh Jose at the market. He makes the BEST quesadillas. Then our evening is filled with Greg's final baseball game and an outing with the Martin family as this will be the last time we see them until Christmas. I am preparing myself already for a very taxing day. The next time I post we should be settling into our great adventure. And I hope to even post a few pictures :)

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait too see pictures! Where exactly are you going again??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Greg and Claire - from Colin and Karen! Wishing you all the best and hope you have a great time. Looking forward to hearing all the stories when you're back (as well as seeing you blog about it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire freak out? Never! (Ha! Ha!) You did great with the packing Claire. And almost got everything in. Oh well, it wouldn't be a trip if there wasn't something forgotten. Love you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a great flight out and good first day. Good luck with getting settled in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. Maria we are going to Deer Lake, ON. IT is a First Nations Reservation

    ReplyDelete