Thursday, August 26, 2010

Flying to Winnipeg

We made it safe and sound to Winnipeg last night. Greg and I were through security and waiting for our flight by 3:15. Things went smoothly at the airport, although we did have some excitement at the security area. Greg caused the beeper to go off because he was wearing his belt and of course I was the one picked to be frisked. LOL. I was the lucky random person who got to spread eagle and get padded down. However, after that excitement everything was great. We had some time to get some Timmies and email our parents and of course I always enjoy the people watching.
Our plane left right on time and we had a fairly smooth flight, just a little bit of turbulence at the beginning. The plane was not overly crowded so the girl sitting next to me got up and moved which was nice because it gave Greg and myself some more room.

I was so excited when we were beginning our descent into Winnipeg because I had never seen thing so flat before. It was amazing. You could see so far and there was so much farm land. We also had a great look at the Red River and we saw how windy it was. Winnipeg is a pretty small airport compared to Toronto. We landed on time (6:13) and were off the plane and had all our luggage by 6:20. That would never happen at home.
My mom's cousin have graciously invited us into their home for the two nights we are staying in Winnipeg. Last night they cooked what they call Manitoba Farmers Sausage for us. To Greg and I it looked like one big piece of summer sausage or a piece of pepperoni. It was really good though and we really enjoyed it.

Today, we ventured out to the Superstore. I thought the superstore in St.Catharines was big, but this one is HUGE. We spent a large sum of money on food that we hope will last us awhile. We do have to go back tomorrow morning quickly to get a few items that we were not able to purchase today.

Tomorrow will be a big day, as it is the final leg of our journey. Hopefully all goes well and we are in Deer Lake tomorrow and at our new home by 3:00 pm.

Greg and I on the plane bound for Winnipeg, Manitoba.





2 comments:

  1. It begins! So excited for you guys and you know we will be following the blog! I pray this adventure is a great blessing to you both!

    Kelly (and Andrew)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Toronto Airport! When Ry flew out to Germany this past fall I brought him to the airport and loved it! I can't wait for the day though that I actually get to fly!

    ReplyDelete