Friday, May 27, 2011

What No One Wants to Hear

Today was the beginning of another long weekend. I know, again right? This is our second long weekend in a row. The school shuts down for goose hunting. A lot of families go camping, so the community is pretty dead. Claire and I went to the store today to buy some groceries and we were walking out when a man came up to me and said, "Thanks!" I didn't quite get him so I looked to Claire and she had the same look on her face. The guy then said, "I like all the money I am getting for fixing the school's vehicle." So, yes. The mechanic said thanks for all the business I have sent his way. Well, that just made me feel extra special. Needless to say, everyone got a pretty good laugh when Claire was telling them.

This weekend we have a two day workshop at school for behaviour strategies. Two people, a man and a woman, flew in from Winnipeg to run the seminar. They seemed pretty nice, but the woman doesn't exactly fit. She stepped off the plane with clothes that were too nice and more makeup than Deer Lake has ever seen. Claire and I picked them up from the airport and brought them to the school.

On Wednesday this past week the Community had a big clean. All over the community groups were given a set area to clean. Each class had their own path. The grade 7 and 8s were paired together. Most of the groups ended at the intersection where community members were cooking on barbeque and open fire. Hamburgers and hot dogs were given to the older kids. On the fire there were two cast iron pans that had to be at least 2 feet in diameter. They were frying bannock dogs and fish. Overall it was a pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment