Saturday, May 14, 2011

B 27??????

I forgot to include our adventure at the last school bingo. We had gone to play and they were short helpers, so I volunteered. Well, 15 minutes after it was supposed to start our caller was still not present. They suckered me into being the caller, but assured me there was no counting. All I would have to do was call the numbers that came up. So off I went to the stage with the old rickety, rusty, no-good wheel and the balls.

All went well at first until the unimagineable happened. As I was spinning the wheel to get a few more balls the latch to hold the trap came open. And so went about 10 balls, bouncing all over the stage. Slightly embarrassing.

As well, during the night I called the wrong number twice. That was fun. "G49...G49...Sorry..... I mean G 59...." Yah, memorable.

Some time later, as I was preparing for the big jackpot of the night, the unthinkable happened again! This time the balls were bouncing off the stage and hit the front table. I don't know what it is with fundraising events. I am normally not clutsy at all. My theory is that there is something in the air.

On Monday, the Ministry is coming to evaluate the Gr. 9 program. Causes a little nerves, but we're confident all the same. By all accounts this year's program is well planned and executed.

No comments:

Post a Comment