Saturday, March 19, 2011

March Break

Well, our March Break vacation is already almost over. It was a great break and we did so much. Last Thursday we flew out of Deer Lake to Winnipeg and spent the night. Greg and I then boarded a plane at 5:15am (gross hour) and were able to make it home for 8:39am. This was great because we basically got all day Friday at home. We were also able to surprise Greg's mom on Friday. She did not think we were getting home until midnight on Friday.
We did a lot of different things on our quick break. We hung out with family a few times. Did A LOT of shopping! I had my hair done and got a massage and Greg went to an Ice Dogs game. Our favourite time was spending it with families.
We really enjoy and treasure our families. It is great to see Greg's siblings with their significant others as they prepare for their upcoming weddings and the excitement that goes with that. We also really enjoyed watching my sisters with their boyfriends, and getting to know them better, as couples, and being able to hang out without fighting. It is so nice to be able to value your siblings and enjoy spending time with them and not just fighting with them. I also enjoyed seeing my brother. I am so proud of him! He is working so hard in school and it is really great to see him passionate about something.
I love my life in Deer Lake and the experiences that we have had there. Greg and I have not only grown closer as a married couple, but we have strengthened and grown closer to God. This has been such an awesome experience. However, even though I love Deer Lake it is still hard for me to leave home. I hate missing out on family times and dinners. I don't like missing the little things, whether it be my siblings dropping by on their way to or from work, hanging out with our friends or being able to talk to Meaghan on the phone almost daily!
So far I have not left home without getting emotional! I always cry. To those of you I have had to say goodbye to, if you feel I have left quickly or abruptly it is only because I am trying NOT to cry. It doesn't mean I love you less:).
Greg and I have arrived safely in Winnipeg. We landed at 2:30(local time), we cabbed it to the hotel which is really close to the National Airport. We rested in our room for a little while (Greg watched a little March Madness). We then went for dinner and went grocery shopping. We spent a ridiculous amount on groceries (Mom you will be glad to know we whole wheat blue menu pasta), but Greg reminded me that some of the stuff we bought is going to be lasting us until June, so it makes me feel a little bit better.
Our flight from Winnipeg leaves St.Andrews airport at 1:30ish so we should be back in Deer Lake by 3:30. Then it is back to the grind Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment