Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Knocked Up

Let me start off by saying thank you for reading past the title. *More on that later.

The countdown is on. The gauge is lowering. The school vehicle has been filled and we have started rationing its use. Apparently one person started selling gas out of their house this afternoon. Who knows where he got it from, but this is the North.

Tonight though was an experience. Crystal, the Grade 7 TA, is having a baby in April and is having a surprise baby shower next week at school. Tonight we went to the Northern and while there, Claire bought some baby clothes. Let me set the scene though. I am standing at the register putting our groceries on the conveyer belt, when Claire comes up and throws the clothes in our cart exclaiming, "Oh don't worry they aren't for us." Everyone at the front of the store started laughing.

A couple minutes later, while I was paying for the groceries and Claire was outside, Rodney came behind me and was waiting. He is one of the grade 8 girls step-fathers and someone I play badminton with on Sunday nights at the school. He noticed the clothes and asked if we had any baby girls. I said no not yet. He then said, "You know it's alright if you knock her up." I couldn't believe it. He then went further and said, "It would be legal, nothing wrong about it."

Well tonight at the store we spent $177. Defintely the most ever, but with the vehicle running out of gas, we knew we had to load up. Funny though, you'd think with that much money there would be a lot of bags to show for it, but they all fit inside five ordinarily packed grocery bags.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my... Well, I guess it's true! But, if you were flinching at the $177 grocery bill... wait till your own little ones come along. That becomes normal. :)

    ReplyDelete