Sunday, November 28, 2010

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Hello everyone,

There is not too much new here. We successfully finished our report cards and had our first set of parent teacher interviews. I will admit I was a little nervous, but everything turned out alright. I can now officially say Report Cards are not my favourite part of the job. They are a lot of work and are very time consuming.

Over the past few weeks there has been a lot of snow and been very cold. In the low spots the snow is about a foot, in other areas it is up to my knees. Greg and I love all our snow gear. It keeps us so warm. Our snowpants are amazing. They are really light weight but they keep us so warm. I am able to keep really warm with all my snow gear on. A lot of people always comment on how I bundle up. Then they comment about what I am going to look like in January and February when it gets really cold.

The Christmas festivities have definitely begun around here. The Northern is all decked out and slowly the school is getting decorated. I am sure we will see a ton of decorations go up this week. Next Friday is the Christmas Parade. The school staff split into two teams and decorate a float (a bus) and drive around town to give out candy (we get a whole day off school for this event). This year the male and female staff are competing against each other. I will post pictures after the parade of our floats.

There are only 19 more days until we come home (12 more teaching days). Please pray that the weather cooperates so that we are able to fly out on Dec. 16th. I am so excited to come home that if we don't fly out on that day I am going to be really disappointed.

Can't wait to see everyone, and join in the holiday festivities at home.

Greg and I on the ice on Saturday morning.

Greg standing on the little lake. The outer edges are frozen but you can see that the middle is not frozen yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment